2009-02-04

SO GOOD TO HAVE FRIENDS AROUND

Rob left Chiang Mai the night before. We’ve been friends for more then 2 years now. He was supporting me after my last relationship had fallen apart. We talked a lot. We know each other very well. I’ve learned from him, he's learned from me. We’ve been traveling together. Anyway, I made him come with me to Asia and I’m so glad he liked it here. He didn’t want to go to Burma at first, but he ended up being bigger Burma lover than me! We went through many adventures together, New Year spiritual blessing in one of the Bangkok temples, Koh Phangan accident on motorbike, Bagan’s beauty, so-called bus to Inle Lake (300 km in 12 hours!), mountain trekking and many others. Rob, I’m gonna miss you!
Lucy, my CouchSurfing host, was so sweet to offer me staying at her beautiful house in Chiang Mai as long as I want, although I feel like my own place. So, I found my apartment yesterday! Hallelujah! After I had walked my ass off for the whole morning and afternoon trying to find something nice (I mean peaceful and with window which is not so obvious to Asian standards) and for resonable price, I got tired and a bit frustrated. To be on the right track again I stopped having some Pad Thai (fried noodles with vegetables and cashew nuts, delicious!) and smsed my Thai friend, Pern, asking for help. She took me on her motorbike and patiently was showing me one place after another, explaining in Thai what my expectations are to the landlords. After some time she took me to the place she lives. That was it! For 2500 BHT per month I will have a decent room with big balcony (window, hurray!), with a cupboard, desk, chair and a bed inside. The bed is huge but the mattress is hell taugh. I asked for replacing it, but Lucy said is avarage Thai mattress, so I shouldn’t expect too much. There is a bathroom with a hot water (paid extra 100 BHT).
Yeah, but... I’m staying with Lucy one more night. To be honest, I could’ve moved today, but... it’s so nice to be with Lucy!

1 comment:

Agnieszka said...

Hey! lucky you! sounds like a real luxury, a bed and a bathroom - perfect combination for a "western girl", isn't it? and the photos - finally!
kisses from B. (still ;))
A.